Thursday, November 19, 2015

Happy*Birthday*Daddy!

My daddy is my fav'rite pal, 
And I help him ev'ry day. 
It's plain to see I want to be 
Like him in ev'ry way. 
He teaches me that honesty 
Is best in all I do.
I'm very glad that he's my dad, 
And I know he loves me too 
Words and music: Carol Graff Gunn, b. 1929. © 1957 IRI

Mike had to leave for work at 5:30 am on his birthday so we didn't get to celebrate until after work. The kids were so patient. They were a little confused as to if it was really his birthday because they didn't get to eat cake for breakfast!


Annie


Anthony



Jaileigh was so excited!


Jakob


They each drew daddy a special birthday card. 


Michael



Annie


Annie helped pick out his cake at Albertsons. We were going to make his favorite Pecan Pie but I ran out of time. 


It was yummy cake!


After presents and cake we went to everyone's favorite, Texas Roadhouse!


I am so lucky to have found Mike a long time ago in Vegas. Little did I know what an amazing father and husband he had the potential of becoming. As cliche as it sounds, he is the spaghetti to my meatballs, the peanut butter to my jelly, my sounding board, my rock and my best friend. I am so thankful for him and all he brings to our family. We love you!



No comments: