Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Pat's or St. Joseph's

I was actually able to get 4 of the 5 kids dressed in green for church on Sunday, which just happened to be St. Patrick's Day. I was struggling to get the girls in green dresses and Mike informed me that they could also wear red for St. Joseph's Day, an Italian Catholic {actually all Western Christianity} tradition celebrating Joseph, Mary's husband.  Jaileigh ended up wearing a purple dress but her fingernails were painted green.

I didn't end up getting pictures because a) church is at 8:30 too early for pictures b) the kids tear their clothes of in the car on the way home from church and c) I'm not a big fan of St. Patrick's Day. I didn't even serve green food. I always try to make food for each holiday but missed this one.

Jaileigh refused to nap today and hung out with me instead. She was very interested in the camera. I was trying to update the blog and she kept asking for her picture to be taken.

Jaileigh




 
 
She decided she wanted to take pictures. Here is a picture of her dad that she took.

 
 
Her self potrait.

 
 
Then she kept taking pictures of me.

 
 
Now I know how my kids feel when I keep taking pictures of them and they are tired of it.



No comments: