Thursday, July 28, 2011

At Peace

Three years ago, right this minute, I was laying in bed being monitored for contractions and praying that I would be able to wait until my scheduled c-section in the morning to deliver my four precious bundles of joy. I remember the panic but then I also remember the peace that descended upon me. There were so many people praying for those little miracles. After that moment and to this day I feel at peace. I believe that Heavenly Father granted me another miracle, the blessing of peace. Even though I was delivering four very premature infants at 28 weeks 3 days, I knew that everything was going to be fine. I knew in my heart and in my soul that my babies would be perfect. When I was told Anthony and Michael would have to have heart surgery for their PDA valves, I felt peace. When I was told Anthony had a brain bleed, I was at peace. When Jakob was stressing all the time and couldn't be touched and had unexplained high blood pressure, I was at peace. When Jaileigh had to undergo a sleep study and reflux testing, I was at peace. I, of course, worried and was upset at what was going on but I knew that everything would be fine. To this day I still carry that knowledge and that feeling with me. I know that everything will be taken care of.

Tomorrow we will be celebrating 3 years. I cannot believe my little tiny,tiny preemies are 3! I love these babies so much! What a wild ride it has been!


Me holding onto little Michael's hand.



3 comments:

Sassy said...

A beautiful post and a beautiful family. Happy 3rd Birthday!! It's just as much of a celebration for you as parents as it for the kids!

Hayley Locke said...

I so wish I could be there for the birthday. It's been a crazy week and I seriously considered ditching work today and heading to see you guys. Obviously that didn't happen I'm sorry I'm missing it though. Have fun.

A womb for rent said...

Its been 3 years!?!?!? What!!! Wow!!!! I remember coming and seeing you in the hospital the coming and seeing the baby's when they were home. That seems like yesterday. Really 3 years? Happy Birthday Michael, Anthony, Jakob & Jaileigh!