Saturday, July 30, 2011

HaPpY BiRtHdAy RoRi!!!!

I have the best sister in the whole world. She is the most compassionate, wittiest, funny, sensitive and loving person ever! When the quads were born she was there. When I was hospitalized at 24 weeks she was there by my side, she has been to every birthday, every baby blessing, every little thing I have asked her to be at she has tried her hardest to be there. If she isn't able to come she makes sure is by my side through text. This girl gets me through the rough patches and days. Her birthday falls the day after my quads.

This year I was really thinking about the sacrifice she has made to sort of give up the glory of her birthday and to share it with 4 other little babies. She has never once complained. When the quads were born, the first year she had to share, she was eating tofu meat and salad at a vegetarian hospital cafeteria and I think she got a little cupcake for her birthday. I don't even know if she got presents. For their first birthday my mom came to California to help us celebrate and Rori had to stay home to work. Again giving up her day so that I could have my mom and my kids their Grandma. Their 2nd birthday she was able to come to California. She didn't have to eat vegetarian food but she did have to share the limelight again. This year was the same. The quads birthday party fell on her birthday. The day was so busy and crazy that I'm sure she did not feel like the Princess she is. Birthdays at our house mean that you don't have to do anything. I know that she ended up changing diapers, cleaning up messes, serving food, babysitting, etc.

Rori I want you to know how much I love you! You are such a huge and vital part of my life. I hope that we always stay close and best friends. I will be forever grateful that mom and dad decided to have that last "surprise miracle".

My BEAUTIFUL sister Rori Leigh!


Annie loves Rori! Actually all of my kids do. They quite often call her "mommy" because we look so much alike.





Grandma, Rori, Jaileigh, Mommy



Rori's pie. She wanted a pie for her birthday NOT cake.


Blowing out her candles. My sister is no longer a teeny bopper. Does that mean she has to act grown up now?



Jake giving her a birthday kiss.


Rori texted me this check list once before visiting me. She said it was to keep her from reverting back to a type A teen. These were her requests since she was visiting me.

1. Cute boys (preferably non related but will take what i can get. 2. the ZOO is a must (dip n dots included of course) 3. The beach that of course is a given. 4. Quality sister time 5. Dibs on any baby she wants at any time 6. Real food DO NOT FORGET TO FEED THE PUBERTY RIDDEN TEEN Any questions? Feel need to call 1800Favorite sister on speed dial :)


This girl is a riot! Love you!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Very sweet...Happy Birthday to Rori too :)