Thursday, April 7, 2011

Old McDonald Had A Farm

For our weekly adventure with the Fiore family we went to the local dairy. We orginally had a tour scheduled but it was raining and we were late so we skipped the tour. It turned out to be a good thing. I don't think any of our kids would have been interested in touring the dairy anyway. The dairy had a free petting zoo and they got to look at the cows. I ended up buying 5 gallons of organic milk for the kiddos at a great price. The dairy is about 9 miles from our house so I think I will start buying our milk from there.


It was freezing and it was raining when we got there. I was so glad I had my emergency supply of winter supplies in the car. It took me about 20 minutes to get everyone dressed. Anthony was the first so I let him out to look at the cows. He was so excited!


Jake got out next and joined Anthony.

Little Annie stayed in the stroller. I tried to keep the cover over her but she kept pushing it off because she couldn't see everything.


Annie


Jaileigh stayed in the stroller too. She is such a girl. She didn't want to get dirty or wet.


Jake looking at the goats.


Michael in deep contemplation



Anthony was brave enough to try and pet the bunny.



These geese were MEAN! They kept hissing at us. I can't believe they were part of the petting zoo.



The boys.
Michael, Anthony, and Jakey



Michael smiling




Checking the bunnies out.
Anthony, Jake, Michael, and Aiden


Annie with Jaileigh peaking over.


The cow was going to the bathroom. The kids still talk about the cow going poo.




No comments: