Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mulberry Season

We went over to my brothers one evening to play and to pick mulberries. My mom was at a meeting so wasn't there and Tia was working.
 
 
 
Julie was so sweet to help the kids get mulberries. I was too busy running around taking pictures.
 
 
Grandma Kolleen and my dad (her son) with Jake.
 
 
My nephews, Major sitting on Legend. I seem to remember that Legend didn't want to share.

 
 
Jake loves his Grandpa.
 
 
My mulberry mouth boy.
 
 
Legend
 
 
Michael and Jake
 
 
Annie
 
 
Grandma and Aunt Julie
 
 
Jaileigh watching the mulberry picking.
 
 
Having a little picnic.
 
 
Michael pushing Anthony
 
 
 
Grandma was teaching Anthony how to swing.


 
 
Another distant cousin stopped to play.
 
 
My dads' Aunt Pat and Uncle Marv came over to visit with everyone. Sadly, I didn't get pictures. Next time!
 

2 comments:

Linda said...

I have fond memories of mulberries! My children used to pick them from the tree that grew next door to us and OVER into our yard! I would make peach cobbler with MULBERRIES!

1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 T baking powder

Melt 1 stick of butter in a pan. Mix above ingredients. Pour into pan. (Iron skillet is the best!) Add 1 large can of sliced peaches (with juice!) on top. Sprinkle with fresh picked mulberries. Add a sprinkle of brown sugar and bake at 350 for 30 min.

MEMORIES in the BAKING!!!

Amber said...

I will have to try this! Thank you for the comment and recipe.