Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Zions National Park

Zion- to a native Utahn pronounced Zi-un not Zi-ON. The town of Hurricane is pronounced Hurricun, La Verkin is LaVerkun and so on. It's kind of like the out of staters call Nevada, Ne-vah-da. Anyway, I am on my soapbox tangent, on to more important things. We were lucky enough to be able to visit Zion National Park while we were visiting. The kids loved being in the beautiful mountains.



We were able to drive in to the park. Sometimes they don't allow you to drive in and you have to ride the shuttles.

Annie


The kids started collecting rocks right away.
Jaileigh



Anthony giving his rocks to Karen for her to hold.


 
Big rock!




Another cool rock.



 
Annie playing with the dirt.

 

Jake, Annie and Michael were looking at this little spider. I told them not to touch it. Annie walked up and squished it with her finger after hearing me say that.





They ditched the rock collecting and started picking up sticks.




The kids were starting to get tired on our hike.



Eating lunch. I wasn't prepared so we had to buy lunch. It was actually very good.


Karen treated everyone to ice cream after.








Michael


 
Jake


Jaileigh


Anthony


 
Annie






My dad helped build this bridge in the 80's. My kids thought it was fun that Grandpa helped build it.








No comments: