Friday, August 8, 2008

8 and 9 day Updates

I tried to upload pictures for the last 30 minutes and it isn't working so I am done. The babies are doing really good. Here are a few quick notes. Tomorrow I will work on the pictures again.

Jakob is off his Hudson CPAP and on nasal canula like the rest of his siblings
They are all eating breastmilk except Michael
They have all stooled or "pooped"
Jaileigh is completely off phototherapy
Jakob only has is wallaby for phototherapy (that is the little pad that he lays on)
Michaels PDA is moderate and they are giving him another round of Indocin

3 comments:

Sonja said...

I am glad to hear the babies are doing well. How's mom and dad? Take it easy mom. :)
The photo's will come on when they are darn good and ready. LOLOLOL (Don't you love technology? :)

Anonymous said...

Many Blessings!! Remarkable progress!! Everyone is praying for them and for you!! Keep up the good work!!

fourbabies4us said...

WOW Amber!
They sound like they are all doing so well. I'm really impressed! They sound like strong little babies, I'm thinking it has something to do with the gene pool they had to choose from! They'll start gaining some serious weight once they are up to full feeds and they start getting milk fortifier. You'll be surprised at how quick they chub up!
I'd tell you to be sure and take care of yourself but, being an ex-NICU mom, I know the priorities lie elsewhere. So, I'll just say be sure and get some sleep.
Did I ever tell you that I was so stressed when my kids were in the NICU that I ate a 1 pound bag of peanut M&M's every day? I would pick one up on the way to the hospital and by the end of the day (usually 14 or so hours later) the bag would be gone. One of the kids nurses said she'd never look at a bag of peanut M&M's again without thinking of me. It's amazing that I wasn't the size of a barge by the time the kids were finally released. Oh well, I guess my point is that sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get through the day.
I say a little prayer for you about 100 times a day. You and your family are always in my thoughts.
Love to all,
Michelle