Dearest Amber Jai,
You of all people deserve a fabulous birthday post. Particularly on this birthday (29 is a big year, ya know). However, since I'm late already I thought I should get straight to the point and tell you we love you! I wish I could come up with an insanely creative post to do you justice, but I'm a little short on creativity at the moment. Boo.
Instead, here's a poem I jotted down about you a few years ago. I know it's silly, but I love you! We all love you! You're the best sister, daughter and mama of quadruplets plus one around! Smooch!
That One Night
Laughter tumbles through our teeth
one ear lies sentry for evidence of our parents stirring
a lifetime of memories slip effortlessly into the dark
the time when you taught me to wax my eyebrows
carefully guiding my hand to destroy my unibrow
horrified when a misplaced wax strip destroyed my left arch
the times when you laughingly allowed me
to borrow your delicate blouses
designer jeans and yellow high heels
the night before you got married
worry running in jumbled lines across my forehead
but you assure me we would always be best friends
love swirls beneath every joke giggle and memory
The best of friends
Twins—born fourteen years apart
-R.S.
Love you Amber Jai!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment