Thursday, November 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Happy Birthday to the best daddy in the world! I took the kids to the store to let them pick out their own birthday presents and they were super, super excited for daddy to open them.

 
 
Daddy isn't a cake fan so we make pecan pie again.
 
 
Daddy and his mini me, Anthony.
 
 
Annie Bananie
 
 
Jakeroni
 
 
Jaileigh- little peanut
 
Mr. Michael
 
 
We had a great evening of bowling and pizza planned but plans changed that day. The night before Mike's birthday Annie came down with a fever of 102-104. I couldn't get it under 102 and she was becoming pretty lethargic and was refusing food and water. I asked Mike to come home around 2 and he called someone from our ward to help him give her a blessing. Then I took her in to urgent care. Before Mike came home I hurried and threw lasagna in the crock pot so he could have some kind of birthday dinner to serve himself.
 
Jaileigh went with us to the urgent care and brought along Tiki the classroom bear.
 
Annie had these little sores on her tongue and mouth and those were her only symptoms of being sick. I, of course googled to try and diagnose her myself.
 
I came up with Herpatic stomatitis. Mike has had cold sores as long as we have been married and I have never had one my entire life, until last week. I developed a little one on my lip. Somehow, through kissing or playing around, I passed it on to Annie. Little kids who haven't been exposed to the herpes virus before can contract Herpatic (herpes) stomatitis(mouth lining) like this. She had little canker sores all over the inside of her mouth, roof, tongue, gums, and cheeks. 
 
The urgent care dr put her on Acyclovir and gave her some "magic mouthwash" to help numb it. He tested her urine and said she was very dehydrated so to watch her closely and if she got worse to take her to the ER for fluids. 
 
So Happy Birthday to Daddy! It was pretty exciting.

No comments: