Friday, September 2, 2011

The "I Love You's"

“Give your child a compliment and a hug; say, ‘I love you’ more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey and share our love with friends and family. One day, each of us will run out of tomorrows. Let us not put off what is most important.”
....Thomas S Monson




Sometimes I catch a lot of flack because my children are so spoiled. Believe it or not, my children are spoiled! Don't ask me how we did it but somehow we managed to spoil 5 children that are so very close in age. I am using the word spoiled loosely though. My children are not bratty and think they deserve everything. They say please and thank you. They aren't perfect either. We have the daily, even hourly thrown tantrums and meltdowns. My point in this long confession is that my children feel my love. They know that they are loved. Ever since I found out I was pregnant with quadruplets I really struggled with the idea that they each felt loved and each felt like an individual. Then when I found out I was pregnant again {with Annie} my turmoil was heightened. My solution has been to dedicate my life to these little munchkins. Everyday I try to make each one feel loved. 


So if that means -


Having M&M's for breakfast every once in awhile,
Letting them sleep in between, on top of, and across us,
Going to the park ALL the time,
Giving kisses and hugs on grubby hands, faces, feet and tummies,
Watching Disney flicks and eating {spilling} popcorn,
Laying with them each night as they fall asleep,
Kissing EVERY boo-boo,
Making cookies everyday,
Allowing multiple clothing changes,
Midday baths and showers,
Putting together the train track 16 times,
Playing dress up and restaurant
Spontaneous trips to Target, Sam's, pet store or the dairy,
Saying dinner prayer 5 times so each has a turn,
Going without make-up, the latest fashions, blow drying my hair,

I will.


I will do all I can do to make my children feel loved.
I cannot imagine my life without one of them. It is unimaginable.
I want my children to look back at their childhood and say, "Yes, I was loved."