Monday, August 30, 2010

Momma Needs A Break!

So Momma took a break . . . . kind of.  Last week seemed really long and towards the end of the week I was running out of steam. I try to clean up (the kiddos help) after each activity so that at the end of the day there isn't total chaos. This day I gave up on keeping up and let the kids go wild.  I think my husband was a little shocked at the mess when he came home. He tells me all the time that I just sit around and eat bon-bons all day. haha!


Notice the laundry basket tipped over, the laundry was clean


Notice the high chairs all over and the empty book basket.



They pulled down all of their pillows and their sock friends and had a little party together.
Jakob, Jaileigh, Michael, and Anthony





The box of diapers proved to be a lot of fun throughout the day. They used it to jump over the couch and to climb on the counters.
Michael and Jaileigh





Here is a view of the playroom area of our living room. Total chaos!



Here they are going over the couch


Here is a better picture of the mess without the kids.



Annie hanging out with mom was clueless to what was going on.


Anthony and Jaileigh hanging out with Annie during tummy time. Jaileigh has Anthony's shoes on.


Annie




Jakob showing Annie how to play Little People






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess having one more child was not a good idea. Isn't 4 children enough. Maybe you would be able to look after them if you did not have a new baby too.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
These babies are lucky to have Amber as a Mother. The babies NEVER go without and are loved more than any babies I have ever seen. Annie was a blessing, she came at exactly the right time for her family. I don't know your situation, but maybe it would be better if you stopped looking at this blog in your "spare" time, and take care of your own family.

Kari said...

Dear Anonymous,
I think you have too much time on your hands and should better spend it in a Psychiatrist's chair. Those babies are very fortunate to have a loving momma that gives them her all!

Kimberly said...

Amber, you have a beautiful family. One you can be very proud of. Thanks for sharing your life with us, the good and the bad. I love reading about the triumphs and challenges of a wonderful large loving family. You are an inspiration!

Andrea said...

I can't believe some one would go on a blog and actually post that they shouldn't have had that many kids. I guess that's why they posted as "Anonymous" God gives us what we can handle. I have never met this mom, but she's an inspiration...look what she provides her kids with, a roof, food, love, fun...sometimes lazy crazy days are the best...you can always clean later. I want 4 kids, maybe more...Mrs. DeMaria, keep up the amazing work you do...

Anonymous said...

Who in the heck has a right to say how many children one should have. Geesh...leave the quad moms alone already. No one "tries" to have this many children at once. They are BLESSED with this many at once. Enough....Enough....Enough Already!

Anonymous said...

A heartfelt thank you to the supporting comments from others from the Quads Grandma. We are so proud of our daughter Amber and hubby Mike. They have provided a great home for 5 beautiful babies. Even though somedays are a struggle, they have stepped up and won each battle. No one that had any compassion or humanity would write such a usless comment as this first comment. March on Mike and Amber and know that you are a wonderful example of strength to so many!!! We love you so much!
Love Grama and Granpa

Amber said...

Thank you to all of my supporting followers for all of the wonderful comments. I usually don't post the "bad" comments but this one was so ridiculously untrue. I strongly believe that my children are very well taken care of and loved. There is no question in my mind about the love they feel in our home. I am a stay at home mom that dedicates my life to my children. They are my "job" and I LOVE it!

Just because my house was a mess one day does not mean that my children weren't taken care of.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Anonymous said...

Amber, as my husband says when he comes home to a "messy" home, "looks like you all had fun today." You have your priorities in order, your children come first...let's see what we remember in 20 years when they are grown, that our house was neat as a pin or that we had fun. And one afternoon away from the pickup is sometimes all everyone needs to make those memories.

To Anon. w/the rudeness, let's have you start worrying about your own life. Seems to me you have some strange need to comment on quad mom blogs. How does that saying go...oh yes, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.