Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Zoo. . .Finally

We finally renewed our pass to the zoo, and I am finally posting about our latest visit which was the weekend of January 27th. Slow I know. The pictures from this trip were all taken on my cell phone. My camera did a final nose dive out the back of the suburban and its life is now over.

I drove the kids down Friday. Mike met us down there and went to the zoo with us on Saturday.

The first thing the kids wanted to do was ride the carousel, it was of course $2.50 a kid. I tried to get out of paying for Annie but no such luck.

Michael rode his favorite animal, the elephant.


Jaileigh rode a cheetah (she thought, so we let her think that).


Jake on an elephant and Anthony on the ostrich.



Annie on the lion. Fitting, I think.


You can see all 5 in this picture, if you squint.



Looking at the elephants.
Annie, Jake, Anthony, Michael and Jaileigh



This ball rolls so the kids were pushing it.


Annie playing with the bat.


Playing on the rhino



Annie and Jaileigh



Anthony lounging.


We stayed down there Friday night. I found Annie eating the soap. Gross! I thought she had spit it out somewhere but I couldn't find any evidence that she didn't swallow it. She never got diarrhea so I don't know what happened.


My crazy kids right after showers.
Annie, Jake, Jaileigh, Anthony, Michael


This is the only picture I took on Saturday. The mommmy gorilla and her baby. It was so fun to watch them. The kids didn't want to leave.



Here is the baby.

No comments: