Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Making Samoas With Helpers

In celebration of Girl Scout cookie time of year, I decided I would try to make something similar. I found this recipe on pinterest, that awful time-consuming place! I tweeked the recipe A LOT! I wouldn't recommend the recipe unless you add the tweeks in. It turned out good but I have a few things I would do differently next time.


The recipe called for crushed cookies, any kind. I chose graham crackers and oreos. Jake and Annie helping with the food processor and the cookies.


 



Michael decided he wanted to help too. They are breaking the graham crackers and oreos up before putting them in the processor.



Annie eating the middles out of the oreos.




Patting the crust down before we bake it.



Testing the chocolate chips to make sure they are yummy.



Jake licking the spoon




Adding the cocunut. Annie was the only one that stuck with me the whole process.


We added sweetened condensed milk, pecans, caramel pieces, chocolate chips and coconut.


Baked it and before I could take a picture, it had been tested.
Delicious and very fattening!

1 comment:

todd & nicole said...

Your family is so adorable. I only have one 2 almost three year old to keep up with and I'm exhausted by the end of the day. I don't know how you do it.