Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Naming Multiples

This week at Multiples and More, the 'Question of the Week' was about naming multiples. (Jan 24, 2010) I am just getting around to answering this question though. I don't think that I have blogged about it yet. I like this question. I print my blog out in a book once or twice a year. This blog is acting as my babies "baby books" because it is so much easier than trying to do 4 different baby books. For those interesting in printing out your blogs I use Blog2print. It is a little expensive but worth it! So on to the topic.

How did you choose your multiples' names? We, or I should say I had a hard time choosing names. Being a teacher is really hard when it comes down to naming your kids. There are so many names that are linked to your students. My husband had a huge list for me to pick from and I was so picky. We finally settled on the names a couple of weeks before the babies were born. All of the babies name have meaning to them.

Anthony Joseph- "Joseph Anthony" is the family name that is passed down through the oldest son in Mikes family. Mikes oldest brother didn't have children so we decided to use the name. I switched it to Anthony Joseph because Mike isn't the oldest so I didn't think we needed to keep the tradition exact.

Michael Huston- Michael is named after his father. Huston is a name that I found in the Sports Illustrated and I liked it. The baseball players name is Huston Street.

Jaileigh Addison- Jai is my middle name and Leigh is my sisters middle name. Addison is a name that Mike and I both really liked. I didn't like that it was in the top 10 most popular names for 2008 so we used it as a middle name. It is also one of the streets that Wrigley Field is on. Mike is a HUGE Cubs fan.

Jakob Thomas- I really like the name Jakob and I spelled it with a "K" because if we called him Jake it would switch and probably cause confusion. Besides I like the "K" better too. Thomas is the family name in my family. I think that everyone person in his family names at least one of their kids Thomas.


Did you stick with family names?
Each of the babies has a family name, so Yes we did.



How do you feel about "matchy" names?
I think they are cute but I can't imagine doing it. I have a hard enough time trying to remember who I am talking to with out having to sort out which matchy name I am trying to say.


Did you worry about their names "coordinating?"
No, I just wanted each of them to have an important and significant name.



Did you name your babies before you met them, or wait until you saw them to assign names?
They were named before we met.

What were your second choices?
Isabella and Grace were our girl names and Dean was a middle name that we were going to use for a boy.

Did you consider the popularity of a name as a deciding factor?
I did think about it for Jaileigh. Addison is such a popular name right now that I really didn't want that to be her first name. The boys I must have forgot or didn't care because they all make the top 10 most popular list year after year.

No comments: