Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rigid Scheduler? HA

This week's Question of The Week at Multiples and More is: (this question is from a couple of weeks ago)


How closely do you follow a schedule for your kids?
We follow a flexible schedule. The kids have good days where they follow the schedule and sometimes they have bad days.

Here is our schedule:
6:00-7:00 am babies wake up on their own
7:00-8:00 am babies get fed breakfast
8:00-10:00 am Playtime
10:00 am snacks
11:00am-1:30pm babies nap
1:00-1:30 pm lunchtime
3:30 pm snacktime
more playtime
5:30 pm dinner
6:00 pm baths
6:30 pm clean up, stories, jammies
7:00 pm bedtime


Now at our house this schedule can vary from baby to baby. Some days certain babies will need more sleep, more food, more attention, etc and I allow them to go off of the schedule. I figure I have 4 babies who are all different. I know there are days when I don't want to get out of my jammies and I just want to have a "bad" day. I like schedules but I do not allow them to be my taskmaster.



How old are your kids now? Have you always followed a rigid schedule?
My babies are 18 months old. At the beginning we followed a pretty rigid schedule. We had to feed the babies every 3 hours around the clock. I had to pump every 2 hours around the clock. We did this for the first 7-9 months before we started letting them skip feedings at night.

Do you think that your schedule is conducive to healthy sleep patterns in your kids?
YES! My kids are very healthy and have always been healthy.

Do people give you a lot of flack for being a strict scheduler? If anything I would probably be given flack for not being a strict scheduler.


Has your routine become more relaxed as your kids have gotten older?
Yes, my routine has become more relaxed. No more 3 hour feedings!

How do you kids react when they are completely off their schedules- and how do you get them back on track? I allow them to get off schedule and we try again the next day. Usually they get themselves back on schedule.

1 comment:

sonja said...

This entry was really helpful! I have so much to learn before our quads come, but it's nice to hear about scheduling and variations that occur in each child. That's so great that the kids sleep through the night so well!