Friday, February 12, 2010

The Rocking Chair

I have a rocking chair that I absolutely LOVE. It was given to us by Mikes brother and sister in law when the babies were born. It is the best purchase ever! Now it is dirty. I clean it but it keeps getting dirty. The babies love to sit in it too. They also love to wipe their dirty hands and faces on it. It is a well loved chair! I have spent so many hours, countless hours, in this rocking chair and it still rocks the same as it did when we first got it. I love holding and rocking my babies. I love it and I am going to miss it when they don't want to be rocked anymore. One day though, like in the book Love You Forever by Robert Munsch, my babies will come home and rock me in it. I consider myself so blessed to have four babies to rock and that I have the time to rock them. I have been blessed to be able to stay home with my babies and to love on them all day long. What a blessed life I have!

5 comments:

The Cochran Crew said...

I'm loving your blogging spree! Jaleigh's fashion side, then the names, love the meanings, then the Easy Peezy, love those pics and now a sentimental one! Sooo sweet! Can I send you my pics and you take over my blog for a while? I need to catch up so bad!!!

Amber said...

Blogging spree= the husband out for the night with friends. It was amazing what I got done without him. oh and what I didn't get done, like the dishes. : )

Kimberly & Alex said...

You have been nominated for the Beautiful Blog Award, go to my blog and follow the instructions.

sonja said...

I love that your rocking chair has such symbolism for you and your family. I love that book, too.

Four babies 4 us said...

You will never be able to get rid of the rocking chair, no matter how dirty it gets...trust me! I look at your babies, then look at mine and wonder where the time went. There are so many good times ahead for you! I always get a little sentimental looking back and then something happens that makes me LOVE where we are now (like Mason saying "how bout a kiss Michelle").
You can still rock them for a while. It gets a little harder to do but all mine still want to sit on my lap!
Love you!
Michelle