Monday, October 28, 2013

Harvest Festival

The last day of Harvest week was Friday. On Friday they could dress as someone of character for school. They could wear a superhero because they are good citizens, etc.  The boys dressed as superheros and the girls dressed as princesses. I volunteer on Wednesdays and teach science on Fridays in the kids kindergarten class so Annie has to come with me. She loves it! She is friends with everyone in kindergarten. The teacher always lets her participate in everything too. Anyway, I got to be there on Friday when they all dressed up. There were two non-participants but everyone else dressed up. Michael was out of his costume within 5 minutes of being there. He was done and didn't care. It was so Michael to be like that; too much work to be dressed up.

Jake was in rare humor, he kept teasing one of the other kids. He gets this twinkle in his eye and this silly look on his face and there is no stopping him. He does it to his dad all the time! The kid is kind of spoiled anyway and Jake was just pushing his buttons. The kid actually threw something across the room because Jake said something or stuck his tongue out. I ended up taking Jake home with me because I couldn't see it getting any better when I left. I told the teacher he had a cough so I was going to take him, she was so relieved! He, Annie and I went on a date to the store to get popsicles.

There was a Harvest Festival that evening. Mike and I took the kids. I was very unsure of going but the kids had so much fun! It went from 6-8. We got there about 6:30 and it was so crowded. By 7 everyone was gone and the kids had it to themselves, no lines, tons of candy and attention. The booths were dumping the rest of their candy into the kids bags.




Riding the train ride.
 
 
On the train. Michael did not want to be superman again so he is a cowboy and same with Jake.
 
 
Anthony and daddy checking out the policecar.
 
 
In the jail.
 
 
 
Waiting in line for facepainting.
 
 
Anthony sat in the driver seat of the police car. It was so cool!
 
 
Jaileigh in jail.
 
 
Jake was evading the camera.
 
 
 
Michael was so cute.

 
 
Anthony
 
 
Booo!
 
 
 
My boys with their faces painted- Anthony, Jake and Michael
 
 
Jaileigh-bug
 
 
 
Annie
 
 
 
I fed them dinner before we came but they were still "starving". I bought 9 street tacos that were inhaled within minutes.


 
 
Michael didn't want any.

 
 
Monkey faces.
Annie and Anthony
 
 
 
Anthony
 
 
Jake
 
 
 
Jake and Anthony
 
 
 
The many monkey faces of Michael.


 
 
End of the night picture- Happy campers.
Jaileigh, Michael, Annie, Jake and Anthony

 
 
My phone picture.

No comments: