Sunday, October 13, 2013

Say It Isn't So Jake!

October 8, 2013
Every Tuesday the kids have baseball practice at 4. I load them up and take them over. While I was unloading the car and I heard the scream, you know the one that means someone is seriously hurt. It was Jake and as soon as I saw him I knew he had broken his arm again. Thank goodness it was a different one but still!
 
He climbed a fence and I think as he was jumping over it his toe caught on it causing him to land on his right side, breaking his arm. I left the other kids at baseball and took Jake to the Urgent Care and Annie tagged along. I called our friend Dede to meet us there and asked her to bring some Tylenol for him. I was worried about him getting X-rays and having Annie with me so I also had Dede come to help with her.
 
 
The X-ray tech remembered us from last time. When Jake broke his other arm I took him to the ER but he fell on it again right after breaking it and I took him in to the urgent care to have it x-rayed to make sure he hadn't rebroken it again.

 
The Urgent Care doctor didn't think it was broken because Jake wasn't behaving as if he had a broken arm. I told him he was a tough kid and we had already been through this before. He still didn't believe me and told me to wait to call for a pediatric orthopedist appointment until we heard from the radiologist. Thank goodness I didn't wait because the wait was a month out, I was able to squeeze in because of a cancellation. On my way to the appointment the radiologists office called to tell me that it was indeed broken. I laughed and told them I knew already and we were on our way to our appointment. Our appointment was at RADY Children's Hospital in San Diego.
 

No comments: