Monday, June 2, 2014

Annie's Mane Event!

The kids were so confused about Annie's birthday. They kept asking when her real birthday was and when her pretend one was. Her real birthday was on the 29th and her party {pretend} birthday was on the 31st. She was really, really excited for her pretend party because all of her special friends were coming. Her party was a Horse themed party. She finally decided on having a horse party after teasing me with having a princess, my little pony, Princess Sophia, Frozen, Ninja Turtle. I was panicking a little until she agreed on the horse theme. I could do that, broad and easy.


With quite a bit of help from google and pinterest I came up with these invitations.



 


One of the activities I had planned was painting a horse banner on a burlap/muslin banner. I (and Rori) traced the horses on with marker and then let the kids paint them however they wanted.

Jakob painting his horse banner.
 
 
Jaileigh and Adalia having an important conversation.
 
 
More painters.
 
 
The girls- Annie, Adalia, and Jaileigh
 
 
The birthday girl!
 
 
who wouldn't let me comb her hair.
 
 
 
Anthony and Montse

 
 
We had a little group hanging inside the house.
 
 
 
Anthony
 
 
Playing train with Dylan.
 
 
 
Anthony and Jaileigh
 
 
Jake doesn't hold still for 2 seconds.
 
 
 
Playing on the mountain.
 
 
 
Dad cooked pulled pork on the smoker! It was delicious! We also served dutch oven potatoes, cole slaw, rolls, watermelon, carrots, hummus, chips, water, and hot dogs for the kids that didn't want pulled pork.
 
 
 
Annie was a little overwhelmed by all the people singing to her.
 
 
Rori and I stayed up until 2 in the morning working on this cake. A huge thank you to my friend Sharon, who walked me through, step by step, on how to make this cake. For my first attempt I was very nervous. I insisted that I finish it the night before in case we needed to stop by the grocery store for one in the morning.
 
The top was a double layer strawberry cake {pink for Annie} with chocolate pudding between the layers. The bottom was a double layer chocolate fudge with chocolate pudding in between the layers. It was frosted with homemade pink buttercream frosting.  
 
 
She wouldn't blow the candles out so I did. I don't know why I have such a goofy face in these pictures.
 
 
 
Jaileigh loved little Dylan.
 
 
Annie thought the whole top was for her.
 
 
 
Jake REALLY wants his piece!
 
 
 
 
I brought sand back from our beach trip and filled all the jars that I was using for decoration.
 
 
 
The trampoline was always full! Thank goodness no one got hurt because those boys were so rough!
 
 
I put the balance boards out for entertainment
Montse and I tried them out at the end of the party.

 
 
 
We also had the bean bag boxes out.
 
 
 
I had a saddle set up for people to take pictures on.
Adalia and Jaileigh
 
 
Jaileigh, Adalia, and Annie
 
 
Michael and Kennedy joined in.
 
 
 
I love the giggling girls!

 
 
 
Grandma and Grandpa gave Annie and Jaileigh their dresses. There were so cute and perfect for the party!
 
 
 
Happy Birthday!
 
 
Best friends!
 
 
 
Handing out stick horses.
 
 
Jake!
 
 
Anthony and Jake
 
 
Anthony
 
 
The food table that we didn't end up putting the food on because it was too hot.
 
 
Opening presents
 

 
 
 
The aftermath!
 
 
We played pin the tail on the pony. It was pretty fun!
 
 
The extra horses.
 
 
 
Some of the decorations.
 
 
 
Thank goodness for Karen! She was my main photographer, child corraller, referee, helper. We love her so much and are so grateful for her part in our family!
 
 
Michael was too busy at the party to paint his horse so he did it later.
 
 
Jakob's horse.
 
 
 
Going through the presents again.
 
 
Happy Birthday my sweet baby!
 
 

No comments: