Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fireworks In A Bottle!

Ahhhh, the lovely pinterest. I love that place. I really try to limit my time on there because I have so many other things I could and should be doing. I do fully enjoy that time I allow myself to browse though! I saw this idea on pinterest and really didn't give it a second thought until my kids were getting close to breaking down. I bribed them with fireworks! I don't even think I pinned this idea because I didn't think it was that great. I used to be a science teacher so I see these cool ideas and I think, "these kids are too young for density, osmosis, diffusion, etc". Which they are too young for the concepts but not for the WOW factor.

For fireworks all you need is warm water, oil, food color, a fork and a vase or jar. Fill the vase with warm water. I put oil in little medicine cups and added 1 drop of food color. I filled 4 cups, 1 for each kid. Use the fork to break the food color up.  Give the cup to each child and let them dump it in the vase of water. Then watch the fireworks take place.We did it at least 4 times.

Jaileigh and Jake excited.


Anthony staking claim to his food colors.



Annie eating string cheese.

 

Intrigued by what is happening.



 
Happy girl!



 
I filled these little mason jars 1/2 with water and 1/2 oil. Then I added 2 drops of food color. Another density lesson that the kids loved.


 
Listening to their jars. Silly kids!
Anthony and Jaileigh


Fighting over colors makes for a sad baby!
Jake


Listening.

Michael was hanging out with daddy and didn't want to participate . . .until we were done.

No comments: