Friday, February 9, 2018

Dead Possum

Our neighbors dogs were put down right around Christmas and the week after something started digging between our fence. We couldn't figure out what it was. I put a trap over near it's hole but never got around to putting food inside of it so never caught anything.

The hole is much larger than it looks. I was afraid the sidewalk was going to collapse. 


One night I went out to lock the chickens in and came face to face with an opossum. That's what it was! Roxy thought it was a playmate and kept trying to play with it. It took Mike and I awhile to get her back in the house. I followed the possum around with my flashlight shining in its eyes while Mike went and got the gun. The freeze when the light is shining on them. He slowly went over to its hole and just sat there. Mike finally came out with the gun. I was worried about shooting it between the houses. I didn't want to miss and a bullet go through the neighbors kitchen window. I finally thought it through and realized there was no way I could miss it and I shot it dead as a door nail. I quickly texted our neighbor letting her know I'd shot the gun so she wouldn't worry. She laughed and said she was glad we got it. 






Daylight the next day

No comments: