Monday, January 9, 2017

Postage Stamp History

The 2nd grade teacher assigned her students a Postage Stamp Family History Project. She had a form with questions that the kids were supposed to send to different family members. We sent out 5 forms just to be safe and got back 4. Thank goodness we only needed 4!

Aunt Diana and Cousin Bobby answered from Mike's family. Here are their answers.

This is from Bobby 1. What is the name of the city and state you live in (and/or country)? Chicago, IL 2. Why did you move to this location? I lived there my entire life 3. What is your familial relationship to me? 1st cousin 4. What is a favorite memory you have of a celebration or game you participated in as a child? We played baseball everyday we could, so there are a lot. I'd say first homerun 5. What is a major difference between your childhood and mine? (Think of things like styles of dress, technology, schooling, and work/behavior expectations.) During my childhood we did not have the Internet and cell phones were rarely used. So that meant no texts or emails so we actually had to talk to the other person. 


This is from Aunt Diana

1. What is the name of the city and state you live in? ... Mt. Prospect, IL
2. Why did you move to this location? I like the neighborhood 3. What is your familial relationship to me? .... Aunt  4. What is a favorite memory you have of a celebration or game you participated in as a child? 4.... my dance recital 5. What is a major difference between your childhood and mine? (Think of things like styles of dress, technology, schooling, and work/behavior expectations.) ... you have no snow and I have snow in winter... and you have computers and I didn't  


My mom and dad responded from my side of the family.
I love that my mom wrote these down in letter form. What a treasure for my kids to look back on. It was even neat for me to read them.

No comments: