Sunday, September 6, 2009

Honest Scrap

I was recently nominated by fellow quad mom, Jenn King for the Honest Scrap Award. This means I have to share 10 honest things about myself and then I get to nominate 7 other bloggers that I love.

#1- I HATE tomatoes. I will not eat them. I won't eat their juice, their seeds, their skins. If any of the above touches any part of my food, I won't eat it. YUCK!

#2- I LOVE chocolate. When I was younger I was actually allergic to it. After college I outgrew the chocolate allergy and now I am making up for lost time. While I was nursing I wasn't able to eat it again and it was very painful!

#3- My husband calls me OCD and anal retentive. I don't think that I am that bad but I do have a few anal retentive habits. I like things neat and orderly. My closet is organized by color, DVDs and CDs are alphabetized, laundry needs to be folded my way, dishwasher must be organized, etc. I love to organize. This was the BTQ (before the quads) me. Once they came my life was overthrown. Now that they are 1 and a little easier to take care of the "old" me is starting to come out again.

#4- Now that I just told you how anal I am, I am going to tell you how easy going and laid back I am. I am a very mellow, patient person. I don't know where the analness came from?! and how can a patient person be anal? The patience helped me when I was a high school teacher and now it has really come in handy with the little quaddies. My students would always ask why I never yelled at them. I just don't believe that yelling gets you anywhere in life.

#5- When I first went to college my major was conservation biology, I was going to be a forest ranger. Then I switched to pre-med, then I decided I was done with school and got a teaching certificate. I still LOVE the medical field though. I taught Anatomy and Physiology to High Schoolers to keep in touch with the medical side of things. Maybe someday I'll go back to school, hmmmm, not likely. Haha

#6- I love to shop. BTQ I never bought anything full price. That was a sin to buy something that wasn't on sale. I loved the challenge of finding awesome things at really cheap prices. Now that I have 4 little ones I pay full price quite a bit.

#7- I am a reader. Each of the Harry Potters and Twilight books I would read the day I got them. When I was single I would stay up all night reading. Once I got married I didn't do it too much. That is one of the things that I miss most, sitting down to a good book.

#8- I used to be a closet Mountain Dew drinker. I haven't had it since December 2007 but I still miss it. I really have a sugar addiction and Mountain Dew has a load of sugar! Sugar and Caffeine= great combo!

#9- I have broken every toe, except the 2 big ones, several times. I broke my foot, my pinky twice (or was it 3 times?) and had stitches in my forehead, and staples in my head. I am sometimes referred to as a klutz.

#10- I have had more traffic tickets than anyone I know. I have taken traffic school in too many counties to tell. Thank goodness for traffic school otherwise I wouldn't have insurance. My husband calls me the "speedracer". I hate it when people drive in the fast lane. It is NOT for traveling in, unless you are going really fast. That is one of my pet peeves and why I have so many traffic tickets. Now that I have 4 babies I no longer drive. I really don't think they should be put in jeopardy of my mad driving skills or my crazy road rage.

And now the award goes to . . . .

Karmann from the krazykkouple

Marci at Li'l Grippers

Tia Bee from the Stokes Clan

Michelle 4babies4us

Sunny from Sunny Happenings and Sunny Expressions

Jenny from puddle jumps

Mandy from 6 Flowers

3 comments:

Following HIM said...

I'll eat all the tomatoes for you! I actually LOVE them! Speed racer...huh?! Never would have known :) Glad you like to organized. You are not the only one who has been called "anal."
Have a great weekend!
~Elyse

Marci said...

You have GOT to be kidding me!! You are too rude, I barely blog anymore because I have to share the computer with Corey and Addie (just you wait!). I guess this will get me to post something, huh? Miss you tons!

King Quads said...

I hate tomaters too babe!