Monday, April 4, 2016

Emerald Pools

We finally went into Zion. I can't even tell how disappointed I was at how over commercialized it has become. When I grew up in St. George we would drive to Zion, park where our hike was and hike. Now you have to catch a shuttle (our wait was 45 minutes), ride it to our specific hike, then we had to hike with the masses of people going up and down the hike. It was very sad to this Utah native. My kids had a blast! If we do go back I will find out what the off season is.

Even though I was disappointed in the over commercialization, I was not disappointed with the beauty.  

We always have to visit Grandpa Pops bridge that he helped build. 

On Grandpa's bridge.



Jake


Michael

Annie, Michael, Anthony, Jakob, Jaileigh


Annie, Jake, Jaileigh, Anthony

 At the Lower pools. We hiked the Emerald Pools.



Annie


Michael with his walking stick that he bought in Pio Pico. He brings it everywhere. 

Anthony


Cute Jaileigh


My handsome men. 
Michael, Jakob, Anthony


With the girls now. 
Jaileigh, Anthony, Annie, Michael, Jakob


Jake


Anthony


The Upper Falls


Jaileigh

In front of the Upper Pools


Picture of Mike and I, complements of Michael


Jaileigh, Anthony and Jakob

A cool tree limb. It looked like the tree was starting to petrify. 

Heading back down the mountain. 


We had a great time despite the crowds!

No comments: