We took 4 adults and 4 babies, 12 pacifiers, 12 diapers, 8 blankets, 4 bottles, 4 car seats, 6 burp rags, 1 bottle of mylicon, 1 bottle of Tylenol, 4 granola bars, and 1 baby Einstein C.D.
The consensus on the doctor visit was we have beautiful healthy babies with reflux. A male doctor that can call my babies sweethearts and beautiful is always going to be my favorite. I love this Doctor! He was very knowledgeable and made sure that he had their whole history from birth. He asked questions and answered all our questions.
-Anthony has gained an ounce a day since coming home from the hospital.
- We need to give their medicine 30 minutes before they eat and we cannot mix it with milk, like we had been doing. The medicine is disgusting! We are looking into getting it flavored
- Jaileigh will be put on a 3rd medicine for her reflux
- Since they are all still gaining weight he wasn't too concerned.
- There isn't anything he can do for their gas issues except wait for them to learn how to deal with it. (what other mother can be excited that their kids learn how to burp and fart)
- They are all very good weights especially for being as premature as they were
-Developmentally they are at 2 1/2 to 3 months. This is really exciting because there adjusted age is 3 weeks old so they are ahead of what they are expected to be.
The appointment fell during a feeding time so it was good we had help.
Mom and Jaileigh
Toni and Anthony- Toni is one of our NICU nurses that volunteers her time to help us.
Auntie Diane and Jakob- one of our volunteers from church that has adopted us and we have adopted her. We would be lost without her help.