Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blogger Friends That Blogged DeMaria

My mom summed it up today when she said, "you don't understand the magnitude of what goes into these babies until you live it for a few days." We recently spent 2 weeks at her house and I think she understands! My parents and sister were so awesome. While we stayed with them they got up for middle of the night feedings, they paced miles, they washed more bottles than anyone could ever imagine, they laundered, medicated, fed, soothed, cried, burped, wiped, changed, bathed, and so on and so forth . . . . We pretty much wore them out and then left them to recover on their own. The babies are so sad that they aren't with their Grandpa, Grandma, and Aunt Rori anymore. We are very sad to be home and miss them terribly.

I have attached some links to our friends blogs that have blogged about the DeMaria quadruplet experience. Jen, Michelle, and Marci spent weekends(s) with us and we are so grateful and feel so blessed for their help.

Jen's blog

Michelle's blog

Marci's blog


and now for the best part . . . . . . pictures


Michael and Jakob

This time they are trying their serious faces

Jakob- the happy boy


Jaileigh playing with Aunt Rori



Anthony and Michael playing together






Michael





My friend Kristen came up from Vegas to spent a night and a day with us. She and Michael bonded. They will be forever buddies now.

Grandpa with his forever buddy- Anthony


Mike and Jakob snoozing on the couch- they must have had a rough night.


Baby Major, my brothers son is 2 1/2 months old and is going to be very tall. This is a picture of his foot next to Jaileigh's.



Grandpa and Anthony taking a little nap together.


Jakob- grinning again.



Grandma and Jaileigh




Rori taking a nap with one of the babes. Do you think the babies got spoiled with all the napping together?



Grandpa and Anthony having some male bonding time








You may have noticed that Jaileigh quite often has a bow on her head. The majority of these come from my friend Darcy. She has given me quite a few of them as gifts and I love them! She makes and sells them and this link is for her store. The bows are adorable and very reasonably priced.

My Dolly's Bows

9 comments:

Following Him said...

YOUR mom said it just right and I could not agree more with her. Spending time with one baby compared to four is EASY...FOUR will definatly give you a run and workout at the same time...IT IS WORTH every minute though!

Now onto the babies...they get cuter every minute of the day. Major will be tall though...look at those feet! The babies are sure getting their bonding time in with all those naps together! ADORABLE :)
~ELYSE~

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH BEAUTIFUL!! HOW AWESOME!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!

nennermommy said...

OOHH! I miss those smilling faces!! They are so perfect!

fourbabies4us said...

Your post made me cry. I miss the babies and I wish more than anything that I could be there every day for you. I'd love to give up a few nights sleep every week to help out but I can't figure out how to make the distance between us shrink...
Love you guys,
Michelle

Moni Graf said...

Gotta love having family around to spread the work and the joys.

It's hard to believe the boys are identical...they all look so different right now! They're getting so big.

Love from KS,
Moni

Hayley Locke said...

I sure wish I had known that you were in St. George for that long. I would have come down for a couple of days to see you guys and help. Let me know when you'll be there next and I'll come down. I'd love to help. They are getitng so big.
Hayley

gstuartlv said...

What beautiful blessings from a loving Heavenly Father! You and Mike are so blessed - I know this 1st year especially will be DIFFICULT to say the least. I can't tell you how happy I was to see you - and help in a small way...please know you are welcome to come by anytime! No doubt the Lord's blessings are with you - to be able to function - and be happy and pleasant - on so little sleep and quiet time....
Much love to you - Glenna

The Gerwer Babies said...

Isnt it funny to hear what peopel say when they actually come and experience it!! you cant truly understand how hard it is til you do :)
The babies look so good and PLUMP!! That is awesome!!!

Tiffany said...

The babies are getting so big! I still hae no idea how on earth you find time to blog.