Sunday, October 15, 2017

The More The Merrier

I don't do sleepovers. We just tell the kids and friends, No.

We've become really close to another family that has twins and two more kids. They have adopted us as their family. We camp together, when they have family gatherings we attend, our kids all get along and haven't had a fight yet. We think it's because they are all multiples and multiples siblings.  Their mom knows that we don't do sleepovers, I told her this when we first met. For some reason (me listening to the Spirit) I told her I would take her boys this weekend. I had no idea why I offered but it just came out of my mouth. She said no because she knew my policy but as we were talking it became clear why I had been prompted to offer. Her family was out of town, her husband was leaving out of town and her oldest had a tournament out of town. She didn't have anyone to help her with her kids and would never ask. I ended up taking her boys and her 10 year old daughter Saturday and Sunday. Our kids had a blast together. This was what the whole weekend was like. . . .
8 kids!

Throw in some intense games of wiffle ball in the street, swimming in the cold pool, popsicles, ice cream, cookies, the pumpkin patch, more junk food, and a Cubs vs Dodger game and you will know how much fun and how crazy it was!

It was stake conference or we would have taken them all to church too! That would have been quite entertaining as well. 

No comments: