They last for weeks! This last case was 22 days.
Dr. Horner was amazing. He said that hives (urticaria) are an autoimmune disorder and pretty much all you can do is control the symptoms. I knew this! In college I wrote a huge 20 page paper on hives because I used to get them! I couldn't believe that I had forgotten or thought that it didn't apply to Jaileigh. He wanted her to get some blood work done to rule out some other disorders and diseases. He also wanted them to check for the autoimmune globule that her blood would be carrying. Even though we didn't find a remedy or solution I still felt like I had an answer.
We went to Starbucks after for a chocolate cake pop and hot chocolate!
The next day we went in for blood work. She was so sad that I made her go but she was so good! She didn't even make a peep when they poked her. She has bad deep, rolling veins like I do so they had to poke around her arm. When it was over she told me it hurt but she was brave and didn't cry or say anything. We went for a little retail therapy after and she picked out a few different outfits. A girl after my own heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment