Friday, January 1, 2016

ROXY

I am NOT a pet lover. I hate cats, same with dogs. I feel they are dirty and so much extra work. Anthony begged for a dog for Christmas. That is all he asked for. Every Santa we saw he insisted on sitting on his lap and asking for a dog, a golden retriever to be specific. I explained to him that there are some things that Santa cannot bring. He would never bring a dog to our house because Michael and I are both allergic to most dogs, golden retrievers included. He handled it well when Santa didn't bring a dog.

Mike called me one day and told me about this dog that was listed on Craigslist. It was a goldendoodle, one year old, housebroken, great with kids and free to our family if we wanted it. Her owner was killed in an accident on Christmas Day and the parents were just trying to find her a new home. With our kids being terrified of our house and the bad people coming back we both decided that this dog may help with the healing process. So Mike picked her up and brought her home. The kids were ecstatic!

Her name is Roxy. The kids have a hard time saying it and remembering it. They want to rename her but can't decide on a name. We think we will just keep her name so we don't confuse her anymore.


Meeting Roxy!




Seeing that smile again is so worth the extra poop and dirt I have to pick up!





The kids finally wore her out! She is so full of energy. I wasn't sure I was going to survive her. The first night she stayed up until 2 am and then was up at 530. 


She loves Jake and whines until he lays by her. 




No comments: