Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Grafton

I took the kids to Grafton the Monday we were in St. George. Daddy had to go back to work, so did Grandma and Grandpa so we went for a little drive.  I remember going here with my family growing up. It was much better when I was little! Everything was locked up and most of the buildings were fenced in and marked as private property so we couldn't go in to see them. I was so sad! Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was filmed here.

 
The Church
 
 
Looking in the window.
 
 
We walked around and looked at the buildings that were behind fences, wishing we could go in and see them.
 
 
 
Anthony
 
 
Jaileigh and Michael
 
 
We visited the old cemetery. The kids were fascinated with it.  Jake wanted us to dig up the people and put them back in their houses. He was having a hard time of grasping the concept of death. So many of the graves were little children and babies. It made me even more grateful that mine were born in this time period instead of the 1800's where they wouldn't have survived.

No comments: