Wednesday, January 28, 2015

'Anthony Got Shanked'

origin: prison slang
shanked: to be stabbed with a homemade knife.

That's right. Anthony got shanked by "sweet" little Jakob. Before school Jakob found a piece of broken tile and shanked Anthony with it. Of course, Mike was out of town, I had workers scheduled to be at my house at 8:00 and the other kids had to be at school by 7:40. I cleaned and butterflied it shut, wrapped it in tape and gauze and thought I could send him to school. The school nurse was at the gate so I asked her what she thought. She told me to take him to urgent care. I told him I would be back to get him after I let the workers in the house. Annie and I ran home, unlocked the front door, called the workers and let them know I was leaving, went to get Anthony, went to one urgent care that the line was down the street, drove to the other urgent care in another town and got him all fixed up and in time to go back to school.  He didn't want to go back so I let him stay with Annie and I for the last hour of school.

Arnold the nurse taking Anthony's vitals.
 
 
 
 
Annie
 
Cleaning it out.
 
 
The doctor came in and glued it back together. He wrapped it with this athletic wrap and sent us to Target to buy our own. We had to stop at Starbucks to get our cake pops!

No comments: