Saturday, August 2, 2014

Rori Leigh Had A Birthday!

My baby sister celebrates her birthday the day after my kiddos, July 30. My kids wanted to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house for their birthday so we headed up to Utah for a visit and to help celebrate Rori and Grandpa's birthdays. Then when we came home we were so lucky to get to bring her back with us.



23 years ago I received my wish of  a baby sister!
 
Little did I know she would transition from my baby doll into my best friend,  
 
and the best aunt ever!
 
 
Though she lives far, far away (in Idaho) we still have the best of times when we are together.
 
 
I'm sure we drive everyone crazy (sorry Mike) with our craziness and immaturities.
 
 
 
My kids absolutely adore her! She took on all 5 of the kids in the pool!
 
 
 
She survived 10 days with us, including 4 days camping in a very tiny and tightly packed RV.
 
 
Not once did she yell or snarl! She smiled the whole time!
 
 
We swam her, hiked her, partied her, camped her. roasted her. jumped on her, shopped her, smashed her so much I was worried that she was going to run and never come back.  
 
 
Her last day with us she is still grinning!
 
 
 
We went for a hike in Torrey Pines and then played at the beach the day of her flight.
 
 
Thank you for visiting us!
 
There are very few if not any, that would allow 5 kids to bury her in the sand!
 
 
Thank you for being the best sister ever! You always call me your 2nd mom but you are a great 2nd mom to me too! You are always making sure that I take care of my eyebrows and feet, making me all kinds of delicious goodies, making me laugh. making sure I get some time out time while you herd and entertain my kids, taking me on spontaneous shopping trips, secretly cleaning my house while I nap, and letting me live vicariously through you and your adventures!
 
I love you and am so proud of you!
Happy Birthday!

No comments: