Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bridal Veil Falls

On our way to Grandma's from Park City I really wanted to stop at Bridal Veil Falls. I haven't been there since I was in college at BYU. I always loved driving up there and enjoying the peace and solitude of Provo Canyon. Mike was following behind me in his car. He had to come up separately because of a baptism that he needed to attend. He is such a trooper to go along with all my crazy ideas. The kids didn't go to bed until close to 11 the night before and then we put them in the car at 5 to start our journey home. This was only an hour away from Park City so they were pretty tired still.

The two falls- upper and lower.

 
 
 
On the walk to the Falls, still in their jammies.
Annie, Jaileigh, Michael, Jakob and Anthony
 
 
Annie feeling the water.




Jaileigh


 
When we reached the bottom of the falls there was a little fish estuary. There was food to buy so that you could feed them. We didn't bring any money so we starting picking the food up off the ground and from the cracks in the sidewalk. The fish were so friendly that the kids were able to touch them.
 
 
Jake
 
 
 
Anthony
 
 
 
Michael

 
 
 
Jaileigh
 
 
Anthony
 
 
Anthony and Jake searching for food in the water.
 
 
 
Daddy and Michael
 
 
 
Annie, Jake and I went for a potty stroll and found this condemned building. I think it was the building for the old gondola rides.
 
 
Michael hiking up the water fall.

 
 
Jake
 
 
Michael again.

 
 
Jaileigh

 
 
 
First there was one little monkey, climbing on the rock. . . .



Then there were two. . .
 
 
 
Next came the third monkey . . . .
 
 
 
And then there were four . . . .

 
 
 
My four, four-year olds.
Jake, Michael, Jaileigh and Anthony
 
 
 
The baby that was post-tantrum because I didn't bring her shorts with me.





Daddy helping them touch the fish.
 
 
 
On the way back the four of us ran. We were resting and waiting for the other three to catch up to us.
 
 
It was really fun. The rest of the trip to St. George was no fun! Screaming, potty breaks, a broken down car, hungries, thirsties, spills, more screaming, fighting, blah, no fun!

No comments: