Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ocotillo Wells

We went to the desert last Thursday-Saturday with some people from our church. There were about 40 of us out there and the majority were children. The kids had so much fun and so did the adults.

We left Thursday after Mike got home from work. We had never pulled our trailer with our RV before so we were really nervous. It did great. I think it did better with the extra weight than without it. You couldn't even tell the trailer was on the back.


Michael filling up the dump trucks.



My kids absolutely adore Hayden. They follow him around like ducklings. He is so cute to them and pays attention to them and doesn't seem to be bothered by his little following.

 
 
Anthony

 
 
Jake fell off his chair eating breakfast so Mike took a picture.
 
 
The two girls, Annie driving and Jaileigh on the back.

 
Annie still needed a little supervision. By the end of the trip she was fine driving alone.

 
 
Our bishop trying to warm up our little pink quad. Oh my goodness, it was so funny to see this big man riding around on that little pink quad!


 
 
 
The kids loved climbing the tree. Mike helped them up and then they would climb higher. I refused to have any part of it. I could just envision another broken limb.
 
 
Annie's sweaty hair from her helmet. It was pretty warm out there.
 
 
Jaileigh
 
 
The girls again.
 
 
Anthony on our friend, Josh's quad. He brings it every trip and lets all the little kids ride it. He doesn't have any little ones that ride it. He is so nice to share!
 
 
 
Jaileigh and Anthony
 
 
 
Annie
 
 
Jaileigh
 
 
Anthony
 
 
 
Annie
 
 
They've started to do tricks on the quads now. They will stand or kneel on the seat. One time I looked over and Jaileigh was spinning donuts.

 
 
Michael and Annie playing in the sand.
 
 
Michael was pretty cautious riding. Ever since he rolled it on top of Mike he has been a little afraid to ride it. Jaileigh drives fast but not too fast. She seems to have a little bit of a cautious bone in her body. Anthony and Jake are crazy and I can't watch. Anthony drives way too fast and every 5 seconds I am yelling at him to slow down. He has his helmet on so he can't hear or he pretends he can't hear so I end up chasing him down. Jake is by far the smartest rider but I think he rides too fast too. He also disappears. He will start following the big kids and will leave the staging area. I had to go after him with the Ranger at least 5 times. I guess he rolled it once and a stranger helped him back on. He told me that after the fact. I watch him too so I don't know when it happened (maybe on Mike's watch).
 

No comments: