Monday, September 3, 2012

Getting Greener Grass

We purchased a short sale home so we had a few upkeep things to do to the house. One of the main things was the yard. The back yard was pretty dangerous and I didn't feel safe letting my kids play in it. The previous owners had left a lot of junk, glass bottles, tools, dog poop, broken boards, bricks, oil, etc back there. It was pretty much trashed. Mike and I tried to clean it up by ourselves and were quickly overwhelmed. We hired someone to haul off all the junk and he wasn't able to do it, there was just too much. While he was back there working an opposum scared him to death. We had to hire an exterminator to get rid of the rats, gophers and the opposum that were taking up residence back there. We then hired a landscaping company to finish the rest. They did an awesome job! I have never seen anyone work as hard as these men did; backbreaking labor in 100 degree+ weather. My kids loved watching them work. I had to stay on my toes to keep the kids out of the way. Everytime I turned around I would be missing a child and I would find him outside.



Saturday morning grass delivery. A huge semi truck pulled into our circle, unloaded his forklift, then unloaded our grass. The kids eyes were huge.


My kids just hang out in their undies, seriously.
 
 
Anthony and Jake hiding in the sod.
 
One of these days I will post some before and after pictures.
 

No comments: