Saturday, August 27, 2011

Visiting Mom's Work

I recently was in the process of renewing my California Teaching License and had to travel back to SBCUSD for a couple of interviews. This second interview I asked if I could bring my kids with me because I didn't have a babysitter. They said of course, so I did. They were so excited to go to the school district with me. They kept saying, "Mommy's work?!" over and over. They got to meet Mary Lou and she gave them mini snickers. I finished my interview and then we went to visit my old school, where I am still currently on a sabbatical from. The kids were soooooo excited to see Megha and Karen there. They ran screaming down the road when they saw them, disturbing many classes I'm sure.

We made the rounds at the school and said hello to all my old teacher friends. It made all the old memories come flooding back but I wouldn't change my new life for anything. I love, love, LOVE hanging out with my kids everyday.

Oh, I did pass my interviews and am still a clear credentialed teacher :) (after I paid my renewal fee).


In Megha's classroom. She passed out the dry erase markers and boards. Oh boy!




Noor with Michael.
Noor was one of my former students. She is now attending college. Hooray!



Annie playing with the marker.
I left my camera home so these are all phone pictures.



Anthony



Karen joined in the fun too.

1 comment:

Elyse said...

Love their expressions. Looks like they're on cloud nine in the classroom. By the way, I love your new blog header.