Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Today (Aug 15) is my parents 36 wedding anniversary. I am so glad these two found each other. Never have I met a couple more made for each other. They understand each other. They know each others quirks and snaffles and they still love each other. When my mom obsesses over something (her babies or now her grandbabies) my dad just watches with a smile on his face. He loves her for her faults, her perfections, her goodness, her love. She loves him despite his faults (buying his own birthday presents) and especially for his goodness, his love, and what a wonderful man he is.

These two are the couple that you still see smooching in the kitchen, holding hands while on a walk. He still opens all the doors for her and treats her like the queen she is. My parents cannot survive without the other one by their side. When my mom comes to visit me she can't stay long because she misses my dad. My dad gets grouchy because he misses her. They have a sweet companionship that every couple wishes they had. They truly enjoy being with each other. I love to watch them and learn from them.

These two raised 3 amazing children, if I do say so. They taught us hardwork, morals, values, love, honesty, pride, loyalty and what a family is all about. I love you mom and dad! Thanks for being the great examples that you are.




Infatuation is when you think he's as sexy as Robert Redford, as smart as Henry Kissinger, as noble as Ralph Nader, as funny as Woody Allen, and as athletic as Jimmy Conners. Love is when you realize that he's as sexy as Woody Allen, as smart as Jimmy Connors, as funny as Ralph Nader, as athletic as Henry Kissinger and nothing like Robert Redford - but you'll take him anyway. ~Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975

No comments: