Saturday, September 6, 2008

We Are Moving

Call us crazy but we are adding to our stress level. We are moving right now. Mike is actually at our old home moving stuff at this moment. For those of you who know where we live you will understand. We live in the mountains far away from the hospital and doctors. It snows in the winter and you have to chain up your vehicle to get off the mountain. I really didn't want to be doing this every time I had to take the babies to the doctor.

So we are going through the bad (the move) to get to the good (bigger safer house). My family came to visit Labor Day weekend and ended up packing. I went up one day and packed and poor Mike has had to do the rest. Please pray for him that he will stay healthy and sane! Once this is over I hope that it will be smooth sailing. I told Mike he better not change jobs. I think I would go insane if another stressful change was added to our lives.

Oh and I almost forgot- I've never seen the house we are moving too. Mike had to pick it out all by himself. I completely trust his judgement though. He came home with a suburban one day that he bought for a steal and I love it. I feel like I have checked out of life and I just live in the NICU. I am so blessed to have a husband that is willing to pick up the slack.


Good news about the babies- they are growing. We have a new doctor because they have graduated. They are now called growers and feeders. Here are the new weights, as of last night.


Anthony 1643 grams 3 lb 10 oz

Michael 1781 grams 3 lb 15 oz (at 1800 grams they get to come out of their isolettes)

Jaileigh 1560 grams 3 lbs 7 oz

Jakob 1575 grams 3 lbs 7 oz

Yes, Little Jakob passed Jaileigh in weight. She is nippling once a shift and this is taking a lot of her calories. She is doing so good at the nippling though. She takes half to 3/4 of her milk by bottle. The boys are not doing as well. They really like the easy life of getting the milk poured down their tubes. They are all practicing nippling but no one is as good as she is.


Here are a few pictures.

Jakob- He has a smaller cannula so his nose should start shrinking down to normal size.




The burritoes all lined up. The order is Jakob (smiling), Jaileigh (sucking on her fingers), Michael(sleeping), and Anthony (with his wonderful NICU haircut)


Michael was having a bad dream (see his frown)



Michael doing the one eyed peek


Jaileigh all dressed up for Daddy



Daddy and Jaileigh


Anthony loving his pacifier

Jaileigh trying to suck on my thumb. She was really holding on to my thumb and sucking on hers.



10 comments:

GinnyBerry said...

I agree with you about moving. I live in Crestline too, and I know that you are will be better off DTH with those little ones. No need to worry about evacuations and road closures for weather.

I'm moving myself, after living in Crestline for twenty years, and happy to be doing so. I'll miss things though...

Sandra said...

Where did you get the headbands small enough? I have two girls, 19 days old, and they need something fru-fru!! One of my boys also had a NICU haircut!!! They saved the hair and put it on his chart with a note that said Cannon's first haircut!! So glad your babies are growers and feeders!! We have a part of the NICU here called the Fat Farm, that's where ours will be when they are Growers and Feeders! They all look great, can't wait to be in your shoes!!! Congrats on the new house!!

Misty said...

COngrats on the new house. You will find you will be in the "fog" for awhile. I think the girls were almost 6months before I finally felt the need to interact with the world again. Don't worry, it truly does all work out! I had to trust Beau with so much and people I hardly knew to put our house together since we were in Phx having the babies & home was outside Dallas!
THose weights are great! Ya'll will all be home before you know it!

Karmann and Ryan said...

Mike you are in our prayers as you tackle on the move, you are such an awesome dad and wife!-what a blessing it will be though and you dont have to worry about the winter months. Congrats on the move up to the next set of doctors! Very exciting! Love keeping up this way! We think of you guys everyday!

Darcy "bow makin mamma" said...

Wow they are doing awesome!!! What do they have to accomplish before they can come home? I love how big the binky looks in his mouth! Did you guys sell your other house?
Glad you are moving down the mountain.

Morgan said...

Jaileigh looks great without anything on her head.

Hilary said...

Wow those sweet babies are growing..love love love love all the pictures!!!!

Andria said...

Aww, cuteness! Love the pick of Daddy and his little girl.

Congrats on the new home. I'm sure you'll be thankful about the new home in no time (after the dust settles, right?) Lots of changes and emotions to deal with for you, I'm sure.

Love on those babies!

Collegegirl said...

They are so precious! Glad they are GROWING. Hope the boys get lax on their tubes and start to feed better soon. You all are in my thoughts and prayers daily! LOVE the new pictures!
Hang in there!
~Elyse~

Sylvia said...

Beautiful babies! What a blessing!! I saw your blog thru my sis-in-law's, Sunny - you and your husband are amazing and I know Heavenly Father will continue to bless you!