Friday, July 25, 2008

Bottom of the ninth (bringing in the closer)

Hello everyone, I am the guest writer today and will try to do my best and give any info that we have received. As far as being stressed and tired I would not change anything about what I (we) have been through. Nothing can compare to what Amber has been through she has been a trooper and I am so proud of her.

The last couple of days have been a little crazy. Amber has been hooked up to monitors on a regular basis so that they can monitor all of the heart rates and they have noticed that babies B,C, and D have decelling heart rates. It is a little concern but after more observation they are ok. If that isn’t enough Amber was having constant contractions that were lasting six minutes and now is on procardia around the clock. With all this happening Dr. Oshiro has decided to deliver the babies on Tuesday at 11am. That would put Amber at 28w 3days. We would have liked to have gone a little longer but we at least hit our original goal of 28 weeks.

Today we did a biophysical profile to get the babies weights and all were over 2 pounds except D he is at 1#15oz. My brother Joe probably wants him to be a Jockey. Although he has grown in the last week more than he did in the previous 3, so things are looking up.

I want to thank everyone for all the thoughts, prayers, kind words and visits. We are forever grateful to all that have helped.

12 comments:

fourbabies4us said...

Mike and Amber,
All of us in the Keller home will be praying for all of you...

TO ANY FAMILY AND FRIENDS who may be reading this comment, could all of you join with me and my family in a day of fasting and/or prayer for the DeMaria's this Sunday July 27. Pray for the babies health, for Mike and Amber to have strength to endure the upcoming challenges and pray that the medical staff will be guided and directed in the care of these precious little babies.
I believe in the limitless power of prayer and that power that comes from friends and family banding together. Please join us if you can.
Thanks to all,
Michelle

Hope said...

michelle's quads born at 27w and all are doing fine now, your babies will be 1w 1/2 more in your womb and 3w less in NICU. don't worry too.
28+ weeks for quads pregnancy is good, you did a great job !! all, we pray for the babies health.

King Quads said...

We will be thinking of you and praying for you on Tuesday morning.

Amber - you have done so great, pretty soon you will be holding your sweet babies! Happy 28 weeks today!!!!

Jenny said...

Amber i'm SO proud of you! you've done amazing! we will definitely be praying for you! i'd like to give you a call this weekend...just to say hey before all the madness starts.
love ya!
Jenny

Michelle said...

Mike and Amber,
I've been a regular reader of your blog for a while now and I just wanted to let you both know that you have prayers coming to you from all across the country. Good luck, stay strong and I look forward to the announcement of healthy babies!

~Michelle in Florida~

Stephanie said...

I will be praying! You are doing a great job..keep it up!

Sandra said...

You're in my prayers!!! I'm so proud of you! I'm at 26 weeks, 3 days and trying to hit 28 myself!! Keep us all posted after the sweet babies are born!!!
Much Love ~ Sandra and The Fab Four!!

The Gerwer Babies said...

Amber, You and the babies will do great!! I will be praying for you and thinking about you. My smallest was 1lb 15oz and she did great!! You will too!
You have done and are doing great! Everything happens for a reason!!
Can't wait to see the pics of the babies!

Collegegirl said...

Praying for you and your sweet family! The babies will be precious and grow very soon!
Hang in there!!!
~Elyse~

damien said...

my prays will be with you and the babies on tuesday at 11 am . sound slike the drs are making a good choice by getting the babiers out now . stay postive and all will work out .

a blooger adict of quads in orlando fl

Alicia said...

Found your blog through the Gerwer babies blog. Will be praying for you, Mike and your babies over these next few days.

Take care!

jilliebean said...

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you both and with each baby. I will be thinking of you at the time your babies are born and praying my little heart out.