Saturday, June 21, 2008

Scary Nights and Cubs Win

Thursday night I woke up at 2:00 am having contractions. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on because I was having a lot of back pain. I was concentrating on trying to get comfortable and wasn’t paying attention to the fact that every time I had a back spasm I also had a contraction. I finally figured it out and started to worry. The whole time this was going on the babies were having a party in my belly. They were so active. I knew that I probably wasn’t in real labor because they were so active. The next morning I called the doctors office and talked to a nurse. Dr. Oshiro was out of town for the day but she called him and he told me to come in and to be prepared to be admitted. I burst into tears. For those of you who know me, I do NOT cry. I am going to blame them on exhaustion and hormones.

They did a TVS ultrasound to check my cervical length. I started out at 4 cm and I am now 1.4 cm. I think that if my doctor had been in the office he would have admitted me. Dr. Block was on call and told me to go home and to stay in bed. He said that the hospital couldn’t do anything for me that I couldn’t do at home, except hook me up to more machines. If I have any more contractions he told me to come back.

Mike is waiting on me hand and foot and I am getting very good at being bossy. He’ll say that I was always bossy but he doesn’t know what he’s in for now. Last night was a much better night. No contractions. Hooray!


More good news- Kristen and Rori are coming to visit. Kristen is my good friend from Las Vegas and Rori is my baby sister. Also, the Cubs beat the White Sox (thats for Mike).

1 comment:

damien said...

stay in bed keep feet up relax eat eat eat and keep up the good work .