Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baseball Team

On our last doctor appointment we found out that we are having 4 boys. Hooray! I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't get one little girl but very relieved that they weren't all girls. Mike has a great start on his baseball team. People keep saying we will save money with boys because we won't have to buy all the clothes and make-up and hair stuff. I don't think so. When it comes to sports Mike thinks that he needs all kinds of equipment and I think he will be worse with 4 boys. They will probably cost more than girls would. : )

All of the babies were perfect and were actually ahead in their development. I am measuring 23 weeks pregnant (I'm 15 weeks) and my cervix is long and not thinning. Dr. Oshiro told me to enjoy myself while I could. I could participate in any normal activities until 20 weeks. He even cleared me to go to Six Flags with the Yale House field trip. He said no rides though.

I had to take the glucose tolerance test and almost threw up. Disgusting! I have a higher risk of getting gestational diabetes because I have PCOS and am carrying 4 placentas. I will find out the results later this week.

I had a wonderful sonographer that talked to me the whole 2 1/2 hours that he was working. He told me everything that he was doing and pointed out every little thing to me. It was amazing and overwhelming to see the little organs and body parts. I was even able to distinguish the cerebellum and the cerebrum by myself. He told me I was very smart. I was very proud of myself. Mike was at a POA for work and couldn't be there. We are getting a DVD of the ultrasound this week and I will try and post some pictures from it.

All is going well so far. I am now 16 weeks. I have gained 18 pounds, all in my belly. The tiredness I was feeling before is going away. I don't know if it's because I go to bed at 9:00 or if I am feeling better because I am in my 2nd trimester. Still no morning sickness. I am still trying to fit into normal clothes. I tried a pair of maternity pants and they felt so bulky. I wear the rubberband around the button in the pants to make them fit.

Thank you to all of you who are keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate it.

Amber and Mike and the 4 boys

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR THREE BOYS I BELIEVE THE FOURTHS A GIRL THOUGH SO WATCH OUT!:) I WILL BE THE FAVORITE AUNTY EVER!!!!!!!!!

RORI LEIGH

Amber said...

Thanks Rori Leigh

Marci said...

I'm so excited I can't believe it!! I would like pictures of your expanding belly, so we can watch your progress. Are you still on schedule to be on bedrest at 20 and hospitalized at 23 weeks? Congratulations, again, to both of you. I've started looking at baby boy things again, but don't know what you'll do when they are soooooo tiny! I can't wait!!! Lots of love from Wisconsin!