Thursday, May 29, 2008

19 WEEKS and lots of FUN!

We made it through another week. Hooray! On May 23 my students and team of teachers put on the school Health Fair. This was a huge accomplishment that had me seriously thinking about retiring immediately. The only thing that held me through was I knew I had a 3 day weekend. After the Health Fair my Honors Physiology and Anatomy students threw a shower for me. It was so fun and I was amazed at the students’ excitement. They had tons of food, cake, ice cream, balloons, gifts, and happy smiling faces. I don’t think that I have taught better kids. These kids are AWESOME!

On May 28 we went on a Field Study (trip) to Long Beach. We went to the Aquarium of the Pacific, Redondo Beach Pier, and to Macaroni Grill for dinner. I drove down so that I didn’t have to ride the bus and met them at the Pier. I have a funny tan line on one of my legs, my nose, and my chest. Everything else is still white. Thursday May 29 I took the day off to go to the doctor. I was just supposed to get a check up. My ultrasound was scheduled for Monday. Dr. Sakala took pity on my and got permission to squeeze me in. Squeezing me in is not an easy task. It takes over 2 hours to ultrasound the 4 babies. Anyway, I will talk about the ultrasound later. After the doctor visit and ultrasound I went back to school. My fellow teachers told me that I had a meeting that I needed to attend and I could NOT miss it. SURPRISE! My freshman students surprised me with a baby shower. The teachers and the students snuck into my classroom during the school day and decorated the lab half of it. There was more cake, presents, food, and fun!

I am so impressed with my students this year. They are so caring and giving. Even before they knew I was pregnant they were like this. They are incredible kids and I am so grateful that I was able to meet them and be their teacher. THANK YOU for those who are reading this. You are amazing.

Here are some pictures from a few of the events.

Natalie, Josephine, Y'Tasia, and Coletta burying Shanelle in the sand.



Teachers at the Pier- Bill Williams, Karen Rosa, Megha Kapadia, Amber DeMaria, and Kim Merriam.


Redondo Beach Pier with some of the kids.

Megha Kapadia and I at dinner at Macaroni Grill. Karen Rosa is there too she just isn't an active participant in the picture.


Shower May 29, 2008. I don't have pictures from the May 23 shower. When I do I will post them.





Go Dodgers! They don't sell Cubs gear in California.


Ms K, Ms D, Mrs Merriam, and Ms Rosa. The kids told me to do the gansta' pose, I'm not sure what that is, but how do I look trying? I personally don't think my pants are low enough.


Yummy Cake!



They finished the party with a cake/frosting fight. Everyone took pity on me and left me alone. Sometimes I really like the advantages to being pregnant.



Have I grown?

1 comment:

jasmin said...

The baby shower was very fun :]]
you got a lot of cute gifts..
&& yes you've grown but...
just bearly..